THIS IS ANCIENT VERSION OF CALCULLA.COM LEFT HERE FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES.
ALL CALCULATORS SHOULD STILL WORK, BUT YOU CAN'T BE SURE. WE ALSO DON'T UPDATE THEM, SO EXPECT OUTDATED INFO.
OUR SUGGESTION IS TO MOVE TO RECENT VERSION OF CALCULLA.COM BY CLICKING THE LINK: Percentage
Calculator finds solutions to common percentage problems. It's done in easy way: more like stories and everyday situations, less like math language.
- One percent (1%) is equal to fraction 1/100 or 0,01.
- To convert some number into percent, you need to convert it to fraction with 100 denominator first. Then, nominator of fraction will tell you "number of percents". For example fraction 3/4 after converting to denominator 100 is equal to 75/100, so it's equal to 75% (simply 3/4 = 75%).
- If you need calculate a percent of a number, you have to multiply that number by a proper fraction with 100 denominator. For example 50% from number 10 is equal to 50/100 · 10 = 5.
- The concept of percentage is very useful and popular in many areas of our life, for example:
- Income from bank deposit is usually defined as percent of capital, that you would earn after one year. It's so called annual rate of return.
- Change in a value is often expressed as percentage of inital value. For example: the handbag is 20% cheaper than it was before the summer discount.
- Concentration of one substance in another is often expressed in percentage values (percentage concentration). For example you can buy 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide to desinfect wounds. It means that in 100g of solution you'll get 3g of the active substance (i.e. hydroden peroxide).
How to use this tool
- First of all, find the sentence in calculator, which describes your problem in the closest way. However, don't take those sentences too literally ! Those sentences describe example situations - like buying handbag under promotion. However, you can put any other product in this place. Be creative, don't waste your imagination.
- Next, click on one of input fields in the sentence and enter your own value.
- After you've entered the numbers in the particular sentence, the other part of a sentence will adjust automatically, displaying the correct number as a solution.
- Remember - if you can't find a sentence describing your situation, feel free to drop us a word. We will be happy to add the missing case for you!
Links to external sites (leaving Calculla?)
Tags and links to this site